2017年1月2日星期一

Style resolutions for 2017

Off-shoulder short lace dress, £165, Whistles.


I will dress weather appropriately
Full disclosure: my style resolution isn’t exactly bleeding-edge fashion stuff. It’s more a way to make my day just that little bit better. I have a long history of dressing in a way that mismatches the weather in a spectacular way. If winter is about to turn into spring I will invariably be found in wooly tights. If it’s raining, there will definitely be some sort of suede pump on my feet. And as anyone who has spent any time with me knows, I have an aversion to proper winter coats. Not to mention umbrellas. But 2017 is going to be different. I will become one of those people who looks at the weather app before I get dressed and I have already invested in a coat – well, a jacket, anyway – that I actually like wearing and that keeps me warm. Revolutionary, I know. Let’s see how long it lasts.

I will stop buying going out clothes
Elle MacPherson once told me that her secret to keeping in shape was that you should never eat more than you can fit in your two hands cupped together. This has haunted me ever since, because that’s not a meal, Elle! That’s a snack!

Anyway, the point is, I have never been much good at doing anything in moderation. Which is why my wardrobes are packed tighter than a pair of size 25 jeans in January. Specifically, I have approximately 567 party dresses. Which is at least one for every actual party I will realistically attend in the next decade. Which means that the ones that are out of fashion now will be back on trend by the time I get round to them, if I play my cards right. Jess Cartner-Morley

I have spent most of my career as a fashion writer wanging on about tracksuits, which is handy because tracksuits have also been in fashion. EastEnders’ Nancy, Caitlin Price, Adidas and their various collaborations. So next year I have plans to perform a volte-face by dressing more like a girl. A girl in the historical, archaically-defined sense of the word, which isn’t as unsisterly as it sounds, but rather a reminder that I have legs. Hell has always been tight clothing and suggestive hemlines but I have huge plans to try short skirts, dresses, tights and entry-level heels. I may even wear over-the-knee boots, which I accidentally did for a shoot earlier this year. While I’m here, I’m also planning to phase out white trainers and wear in my Doctor Martens (this may take a long weekend) and stop carrying such a huge bag around in case something unexpected happens. Essentially adopting a YOLO approach to my everyday. Morwenna Ferrier

没有评论:

发表评论